Refer to Rice University Policy No. 815-96
Rice University seeks to attract qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds to its faculty, staff and student body. In job categories where women and minorities are underrepresented, the University takes Affirmative Action in recruitment, hiring and advancement. The University further seeks to employ, advance in employment and otherwise treat qualified individuals with disabilities and covered veterans without discrimination based upon their physical or mental handicap.
The Director of EEOP/AA is responsible for:
- Preparing annual Affirmative Action plans and programs as required by law.
- Monitoring the racial and gender composition of Rice Faculty and Staff.
- Developing and assessing the effectiveness of initiatives to recruit and retain women, minorities and other targeted groups in job categories where they are underrepresented.
- Implementing, integrating and coordinating university efforts for successful Affirmative Action programs and procedures.
- Advising departments on gender or minority targeted publications for advertising faculty or staff openings.
- Reviewing search plans and hiring decisions to ensure that the University's Affirmative Action guidelines have been followed.